Volunteering is a great way to develop skills and talents that complement and enhance your education. And a chance to really make a difference.
There is a whole range of opportunities for you to choose from, as well as training and development to make sure you get the most out of the time you invest.
Volunteering is becoming increasingly important and is a key factor that many employers look for on a CV or application form.
Volunteering benefits include:
- Gain knowledge & experience in the sporting environment
- Develop transferable life skills including communication, time management, organisation and leadership
- Gain personal satisfaction by helping others access sport & physical activity
- Have fun!
- Enhance your employability
Over 350 volunteers work tirelessly within University of Strathclyde sports clubs undertaking a wide range of tasks, ensuring the successful development of their clubs.
Volunteering can take many forms and feedback from our student volunteers shows just how much they enjoy and value their volunteering work.
In return for your volunteering, we can provide support to help you access training and development opportunities, including subsidising costs where possible, and recognition for your volunteering.
If you are interested in getting involved in volunteering within sport, please contact us on email@example.com.
- Club Committee
- Sports Executive
- Freshers’ Squad
- Wellbeing Group
- Community Engagement
Training & Workshop Programme
This programme offers a number of short workshops designed from feedback from student volunteers and tailored to the needs of those working within university sports clubs. Workshops are free and provide expert advice and guidance on key personal and professional skills to assist volunteers in club management and development.
- Monday 4th September 2017 | 12:30 – 15:00 | Level 5, the Union
- Wednesday 6th September 2017 | 12:30 – 15:00 | Level 5, The Union